12.2.19

12.2.2019

SpaceTime: Tsing Tao, Turku, 12:30 lunch
Atmosphere: Lively but not too busy. Bright and open dining space with oriental details, green plants, big windows, oriental-looking counter, buffet table
Food: Chinese food and sushi buffet
Price: 9.70€
Thoughts: I entered Tsing Tao, lured by a promise of sushi. This place certainly draws in a crowd, being about half-full, despite a large-ish dining space.

I started with the sushi. The buffet table offers a wide variety to choose from, with traditional and more exotic fillings (such as the sausage-avocado one pictured below). The fish toppings were quite thin. The rice was not especially yummy. The soy sauce was served in a tiny bowl barely big enough to house a dipping. The salad was fresh and very typical.

Next, I sampled each of the several meaty sauces. I must say, these I enjoyed much more than the sushi. The meat was very succulent and seasoned nicely. The deep-fried chicken balls were crispy but not hard or dry. Some of the sauces were a bit spicy, but nothing to scare away a mild-food lover like myself.

If I was looking to consume (and enjoy) Chinese buffet food, I would definitely consider this place again. For sushi, I would rather go to Kawaii for a buffet, or Kauppahalli or Hanko Sushi for a more quality sushi experience. All in all, not bad!



No comments:

Post a Comment