14.1.19

14.1.2019

SpaceTime: Bagel House, Turku, 1pm lunch
Atmosphere: Stylish, coffee-shop like, friendly, open, big windows, sofas and armchairs, relaxing music
Food: Salmon bagel with salad, tomato, sauce, pickes + hot tomato soup with basil and goat's cheese
Price: 10€
Thoughts: The place had a nice relaxing atmosphere and a stylish distinct look. The staff was friendly. Visually the dish looked nice and crisp. 

The tomato soup with goat's cheese tasted as expected. The bagel itself was a mixed bag for me. I'm not sure how bagels are supposed to be, but this doughnut cut in half like a sandwich, was a bit rough to my mouth. The relative hard crispiness and chewiness of the bagel did not go perfectly with the soft and saucy toppings, and I found myself constantly wiping my face with the napkin. The toppings tasted alright, but were nothing special in terms of flavor, quite mild.

This lunch was quite light, edible if rough. For the offering, I'd say the price was a bit too steep for what you get.


No comments:

Post a Comment